Thursday, April 9, 2015

Furious 7 ~ One Last Ride















Being a avid fan of the Fast and Furious franchise since the release of The Fast and The Furious in 2001, we could not wait until Furious 7.

We went to go see Furious 7 on Easter Sunday at the Regal Cinemas Aliante 16 & IMAX  and it was definitely worth the long wait. With the premier and release of the 7th installment in the series being delayed from July 2014 to April 3, 2015 due to the tragic loss of Paul Walker (Brian O'Connor) in November 2013 it was quite the emotional roller coaster.

Furious 7, I believe is one of the best in the series. The franchise stayed true to it's crazy over the top breathtaking thrills, but still from the beginning Walker's real-life fate stayed close to home. I was feeling a little "bi-polar" while watching feeling the adrenalin rush of the action scenes to sadness of the little breakaway scenes when the characters would talk about being their one last ride.

Walker's tribute at the end had me in tears, as Vin Diesel's (Dominic Toretto), words spoke of  Walker and Walker's character, Brian O'Connor, moving onto separate paths. I felt all of Diesel's emotions of losing not only a cast mate, but a friend and brother.



"I used to say I live my life a quarter mile at a time and I think that's why we were brothers - because you did too. No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile away or half way across the world. The most important thing in life will always be the people in this room, right here, right now. Salute mi familia. You'll always be with me. And you'll always be my brother."


   ~ Dominic Toretto






No comments:

Post a Comment